Mustang of the week #7
Yes I know, I missed last week. I didn’t have any post lined up in advance and the holidays called for no blogging activity so there you go. We are back in full swing though this week and our guest this time is Tony Starr from Melbourne (Australia) – where all the best Mustangs are as Tony puts it :)
1. Which of your own photos in the Flickr group you like most?
Tough question. Probably my favorite Mustang photograph, isn’t in the group. What is there of mine, I probably like the film shot, with my reflection in a ’66 side mirror.
2. Is there a particular story around one of your Mustang photos that you would like to share? Something that happened when you took it? Or something related to the response you got on the photo so far?
I guess one of the more interesting photographs, is the one of my old girlfriend wearing her mustang belt buckle at a mustang round-up. I pulled her across in front of one of the cars and shot her standing there, with the belt bucket and mustang coral side-by-side.
3. Do you own a Mustang yourself? Which model? And would you like to have one if that’s not the case yet?
For a while there, I was looking at buying one. I’ve always loved the shape of the original coupe and fastback. I’d love to own a 69 or 70 mach 1. maybe one day. I already have two classic cars, taking up my time and money!
4. Do you have a specific love for photographing Mustangs? Or is a coincidence? Or a passion for cars in general?
I’ve always photographed cars. I guess it comes pretty natural to photograph the things you love, when you pick up a camera. I love most cars from the 60s and 70s. it was such a golden era in automotive history. and there’s nothing better than seeing a restored or (even better) an immaculate original car from that era being driven.
5. Which one of the other photos (in the Flickr group) are you jealous of as a photographer?
Anything by evvvvs, of course. His wide-angle style are pretty wicked.
Thanks for sharing Tony! My favorite within your Flickr set must be this one, awesome shot…
… although I like this one a lot as well. And where did you find the buckle? :)
More goodness next week. I will have to chase some people on getting the answers in though…